Thursday, November 3, 2011

my sweet yet crazy family



Lord my questions remain yet I will still praise you. I get frustrated with the questions of why,
why would you let this happen to me? Why can’t it be easier? Both my girls had/
have acid reflux and has baby are so difficult and hard to calm. Never have I
gotten the pleasure of having a easy baby who packs around where ever with me
and just sleeps. I know this seem meanal and not something to shake my faith or
cause me to ask these questions stated above but I am there. It is not so hard really but I guess my expectation for this 2nd baby was that she would make up for how
hard it was with my first and when that expectation was met with yet another
difficult baby I have since been crushed. I am easily impatient and frustrated.
I wish I had the patients of Christ right now but I lack it with my every
being. I know what they all say it is
just a season it will get easier and I know in my head this is true but in the
everyday moments when she is screaming her head off and not sleeping and
fighting eating the journey seem never ending. It seems I will be in the season
for ever and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I want to enjoy these
moments because I know like said to me so many times they go by so fast and you are going to miss this but when I have
finally gotten the wee one to sleep and my two year old starts screaming from
the potty chair where come to find out has poop all over her hands and that
scream wakes up the wee babe for yet another round of screaming I find it hard
to cherish these moments. Then my baby gives me that toothless grin and my two
year old says I love you momma so much I am reminded of why my husband and I
took this leap of parenthood in the first place. I am blessed I will never dyne
that but I do long for days where I get some sleep and can finish journaling
for the day before I am intrupted by the screaming of one child or
another. And so I am off to try and be
the best mommy I can be to my girls and still keep some of my sanity and grace.
Lord I need you strength and grace. Give me an extra dose of your patience and
love for these crazy filled days and may I remember I have the choice to speak
life or death into this family’s heart and I want to be one who speaks life and
gives them hope. I am going to need you for that. Amen!

No comments: